Getting Started

If you are new to a pack it can sometimes be confusing on the steps that you should take to enroll your son with the Cub Scouts. For your convenience we've provided the following 4 easy steps:

  1. 1) Just show up! Take a look at the calendar to find the next Pack Meeting date (ensure that the meeting is not a Leaders meeting) and just show up at St. Andrew's Catholic Church Fellowship Hall at 7:00pm. If you don't want to wait for the next meeting just show up at the next event but email the cubmaster prior so that he/she can bring the appropriate forms.
  2. 2) Get a BSA form from the cubmaster and fill it out for your scout(s). (return to the cubmaster)
  3. 3) Pay the annual fee to the cubmaster or treasurer. (currently around $65 for the year)
  4. 4) Make sure you get a ScoutTrack account from the cubmaster ASAP!! Without a ScoutTrack account you will likely miss communication emails about new and changes to existing events.

Once your part of the pack and your son(s) have been assigned to a den you're all set. The following are a list of guidelines to help you along the way:

  1. Your Scout(s) will need uniforms. You can find everything you need at the Occoneechee Scout Store: 3231 Atlantic Ave., Raleigh, NC 27604. You don't need to know what you need. Just go to the store and tell the Boy Scouts working there what Den your scout(s) is/are in and he will set you up.
  2. Sewing patches on uniforms can be very time consuming. We suggest using Badge Magic.
  3. Scout Track! Scout Track! Scout Track! Become familiar with ScoutTrack. Some Dens require you to fill out achievements for your scout(s) on your own. If you don't, then he/they will not get the awards earned.
  4. It is very important to read the Den handbook with your scout(s) and perform the "At Home" activities. Cub Scouts is family driven; meaning the family is HEAVILY involved. Do not expect a Boy Scout atmosphere where you just drop off your scout(s) and let the leaders take over. A legal guardian must be present with your scout(s) at all events.
  5. Many forms and supporting documentation for your scout can be found in the Pack Forms & Documents link and also on ScoutTrack on the Bulletin Board
  6. Some Scouting activities require all parents to fill out a BSA Annual Health and Medical Record form. This is done once to cover all activities each year and we suggest doing this ASAP to get it out of the way. You can either hand it in at the next meeting or scan and email it to:

If you have any questions feel free to contact your den leaders, the cub master or you can email the pack leaders at or the cubmaster at .